Installing Moonlight?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Apr 27 16:42:28 UTC 2009

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 11:31 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:26:40 -0400
>> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded the file novell-moonlight-1.0.1-x86_64.xpi, which is a zip
>>> archive, but I'm not sure what to do with its contents.  Anyone know the
>>> answer?
>> An xpi file is a Firefox plugin.  I have never looked at that particular one,
>> but Firefox has a built-in ability to install xpi files -- just click on the
>> file and it will give you the opportunity to install it.  After installing, you
>> can remove or disable it from the Firefox tools menu.
>
> Ah, good point.  That worked to get the plugin installed, but the site
> seems to require Silverlight 2...

I am concerned about Moonlight (as well as mono).  Something to think about.

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/3-moonlight-questions/

Moonlight has some of the Silverlight 2 features.

I would complain to the site that requires Moonlight and show them that
it isn't good enough for Major league Baseball.

--
Robin Laing