USB MicroSD card reader fails to mount

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Apr 27 21:07:07 UTC 2009

Much thanks for all of the replies and apologies for my delay in
contributing, especially since I started this thread.

The card is a 4GB MicroSDHC marketed by Kingston. I use it in my Palm
Centro phone.

Prior to reporting the initial error, I tried several possible solutions,
including remounting in a different USB slot, reseating it in the USB
adapter, rebooting the machine (an Intel Core 2 Duo 64 bit desktop)
(apologies, as yet I don't know what services or other processes/modules
are associated with the automounting of the USB MicroSD card reader).
None, at the time worked.

After reporting the error, I tried it on an i386 laptop and it automounted
successfully.

The following day, after doing a number of yum updates, I tried mounting
it on the Core 2 desktop, and it worked. For me and others interested in
this issue, that doesn't resolve why the card/card reader stopped
automounting.

However, now I can't replicate the problem.

But thanks to all for the help.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com