Video Card for SuperMicro SuperWorkstation 5046A-XB

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 28 02:47:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 19:34:58 -0500,
  "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-fedora at afolkey2.net> wrote:

> What I am now after is a video card.  I don't need anything fancy.  I
> think I would be satisfied with whatever functionality that I can get
> just using the apporpriate open source driver.  So, I don't mind using,
> let's say an NVidia card.  I further don't mind completely and totally
> AVOIDING any issues involved with depending on a proprietary company
> keeping their proprietary binary blob in sync with the latest Kernel
> updates.  I just want a card that will "Just Work" the above described
> system, with a minimum of headaches.

With which version of Fedora? Things are changing a lot in Fedora 11, so
which cards work has been changing throughout rawhide.

Right now my ATI rv530 based card is working pretty well for normal stuff.
I don't do much 3d with it, but did do a short test using tremulous today
and it seemed to work OK.