pulseaudio - WOW

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 1 06:42:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 20:32 -0700, john wendel wrote:
> Uh, I don't use pulseaudio at all, just alsa, and I can run audacious,
> vlc and mplayer simultaneously and hear all of them.

Lucky you to have hardware that supports than, but not everybody does.
And in things like laptops, you don't have much option about changing
the sound hardware.  Adding external USB sound stuff brings its own set
of problems.

> Of course, I can't set the volume of each individually, but why would
> I want to do this in the first place.

Rather obvious, really... because when one of them is too loud compared
to the others...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686