missing dependency

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 08:17:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 00:10:04 -0400, Kevin wrote:

> [...]

Strong hint: Check out the Guide Tour in bugzilla, which explains it:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided&product=Fedora

> >> rpm -qi will tell you the source rpm the package comes from and that
> >> is what component to use in bugzilla.
> >
> > Do you mean "-qf /path/to/file"?
>
> No, he meant "rpm -qi".  The information printed for any RPM that gets
> installed includes the name of the .src.rpm file that it was created
> from.  And that the name of the .src.rpm file should relate directly to
> the component to file a bugzilla against.

Even better, you can join -qi and -qf to "rpm -qif /path/to/file" and
then pipe it to "grep":

$ rpm -qif /usr/bin/amuFormat.sh | grep Source
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM: mtools-4.0.10-1.fc11.src.rpm

On the other hand, plain -qf together with --queryformat (or short --qf)
is superior (make it a bash alias if you like):

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/amuFormat.sh --queryformat %{sourcerpm}\\n
mtools-4.0.10-1.fc11.src.rpm