How to sort a file -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Aug 1 21:33:38 UTC 2009

I have a file of Netgear router data that I would like to sort on date
and time.
the form is as below:

    [Site allowed: weather.noaa.gov] from source 192.168.1.9 Saturday,
    Aug 01,2009 17:02:51
    [Site allowed: safebrowsing-cache.google.com] from source
    192.168.1.11 Saturday, Aug 01,2009 17:00:16
    [Site allowed: safebrowsing.clients.google.com] from source
    192.168.1.11 Saturday, Aug 01,2009 17:00:13

The router appears to accumulate data until full and then clears at some
point and starts a new block of data.
I can collect the data periodically [perhaps at 30 minute intervals,
whatever works for me] and append it to a new file I called
"home/bobg/NG-LOG" but this leaves me with a jumble of date/time
information since the raw log data is in descending order of date/time
and I am adding the latest data in the same order but at the bottom so
the list it may show 16:00-15:30 followed by the latest block on the
list 16:30-16:00.

I need to either sort the data as a function of time or append the new
data to the beginning of the "NG-LOG" file instead of the  end. I don't
know where to start on this? I'm probably missing something obvious but ...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob