The ideal mail client?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Aug 2 02:07:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:45:08 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares wrote:

> I can live without VLC and xine but mplayer has a special place on my machines :)

Me too. I've never found anything (except encrypted .wmv files) than mplayer
can't play (or at least the 32 bit mplayer can't play with all the illegal
codecs in the world downloaded from the internet and stashed in /usr/lib/codecs :-).

Its the only program I've ever been able to coerce to on-the-fly encode
audio streams and send them out the SP/DIF output to my receiver via optical
connection.

Its the only program I've ever been able to coerce to send the already encoded
audio from a DVD directly to my SP/DIF.

Its got 47 gazillion options, some combination is bound to do what you
want! (all you have to do is find it :-).