Google Earth for x86_64?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at
Sun Aug 2 20:05:50 UTC 2009

> On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 15:19 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
>> Any chance of there being a version of Google Earth for x86_64 that
>> doesn't freeze X?
> It's not Google Earth, it's the blasted Intel driver. The current one
> breaks when using OpenGL (the Mesa library). I've reported this, as have
> other people, but had no reaction so far.

It also happens with the radeon driver as well....

Whether or not the drivers support or don't support 3D, it shouldn't
cause X to hang.  It takes out both the mouse movement and the keyboard
with it.  I can still see disk activity, so I can only assume that my
direct interface to the laptop is useless when this happens.  It would
be nice if I could at least change to another VT and bag X....

> Feel free to add your comments at:
> It's beyond a joke that this should be so completely broken. Some people
> have had luck downgrading to the previous stable version ("yum downgrade
> mesa\*") but YYMV of course.
> poc

Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at