How to gut &%$#&#@ Firefox?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Aug 3 02:21:19 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009 02:06 PM, Beartooth wrote:
> 	They make it incredibly tedious to get rid of all their miserable
> language-pack cruft -- and the minute you turn your back, they shove it
> all in again.
>
> 	Is there a way to prevent / disable that abominable practice?
>
> 	Or has the time come to admit that the blasted browser is not
> worth the trouble it takes?
>
> 	Is there a reasonably similar one without this disgusting
> practice? Seamonkey, maybe?

Not minimizing your pain, but I don't understand the problem.  The
language packs are pretty small - all told they come out to about 17MB
on my system.  Even if you don't use them, then that's not a lot of disk
space or network transfer volume.  If you ever do need them, they're
pretty nice to have.