Unable to start isomaster in Fedora 11

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Mon Aug 3 02:37:27 UTC 2009

While it has been a month or two since I installed Fedora 11, this is
the first time since then that I have tried to run isomaster.  I do not
know if this problem started when I upgraded (with a clean install) of
Fedora 11 or if it started later with an update via yum/yumex.

The program locks up or freezes during startup.  The window for
isomaster appears but never populates itself with the program.  I have
not found any error messages.  If I click on the "close app" button in
the upper right-hand corner, an error dialog box pops up after about a
minute stating that the program is unresponsive and I am able to force
kill the program from there.

Isomaster version 1.3.4-3.fc11 is installed on my system.  I tried
uninstalling it using yum and then installing it again without any
change in the start up problem.  Running the program from a command line
does not yield any error messages.

Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have any suggestions?

--
   Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: / "Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it?"
"No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word.
Zoology is really quite short." /
      -- Terry Pratchett, from /"The Wee Free Men"/