How well does Fedora handle ATI cards?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Tue Aug 4 05:09:22 UTC 2009

I already said that I had no problem with my NVIDIA card and Fedora. Once
you know that you must get your instructions at rpmfusion, everything is
fine. The Nouveau driver also worked very well, but only in 2D, of course.
Suse, and Mint, which I tried yesterday, only got me to a 800 x 600
screen.

I suppose the Nouveau driver recognizes ATI cards but what if you want 3D?

I found this for x86_64:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/testing/10/x86_64/repoview/kmod-fglrx-2.6.27.24-170.2.68.fc10.x86_64.html

but it's for an old kernel and an old version of Fedora.

How do you manage ATI cards with F11 and the 2.6.29.6-213.fc11.x86_64 kernel?