Fedora 11 install issue

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Aug 4 18:55:21 UTC 2009

On 08/04/2009 01:27 PM, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I downloaded the fedora 11 x86_64 DVD iso image and burned it to a DVD with
> k3b.
>
> Now when I start the laptop with the DVD in the drive , the dvd spins up, and
> I see this on the screen:
>
> ISOLINUX 3.75 2009-04-16 ETCD Copyright (c) 1994-2000 H. Peter Anvin et al
>

> Then it just hangs...

It would be more useful is you posted the brand, model number, and
memory size.
One possible thing to do is to download isolinux (and its related
initrd), and place them in your /boot directory, modify
/boot/grub/grub.con (or menu.lst) to point to those and see if they
boot. In the past, I have seen some issues where you could not install
from a DVD for various reasons. What about using a live CD, can you boot
from it?

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix