yum or yumex problem.

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 4 20:23:42 UTC 2009

I cropped your post to the problem - related to swig.  You've a couple
of options; uncheck it so Yumex does not try to update it, or if you
don't need it, remove swig.  If you wait a bit, the missing package will
probably appear in the repo in the near future and resolve the issue.

Here's the program description:
Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (SWIG) is a software
development tool for connecting C, C++ and Objective C programs with a
variety of high-level programming languages.  SWIG is primarily used
with Perl, Python and Tcl/TK, but it has also been extended to Java,
Eiffel and Guile.  SWIG is normally used to create high-level
interpreted programming environments, systems integration, and as a
tool for building user interfaces.

It certainly doesn't hurt to remove applications you're sure you won't
be using.  You can always add them later if you change your mind. And
the package you don't have installed is not going to have a flaw or
'golly-gee-whiz' that needs an update.

HTH,
Gar

--
"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily
reflect any position of NOAA."