Are you being heard?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:05:30 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 08:19:38 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Aside - I still keep gkrellm on the desktop, as well.  I use it regularly
> for things like checking that the flush-buffers has completed before I
> remove a usb stick, or whether the lan is wireless interface is actually
> carrying much traffic or something else is delaying a process.  I love the
> way it can fit into a corner of my screen, interfering with nothing.

Which corner would that be? ;-)

I use compiz-fusion heavily, every corner "does something", as well as
top/bottom/left/right screen border, so...

Besides, I like to maximize the current window over the whole screen, for best
visibility. Panel and cairo-dock are hidden by default, so maximizing goes all
the way to all four screen edges. No extra room for anything like gkrellm
anywhere. :-( And the plasmoids pop up so beautifully when I activate the
"show widget dashboard" thing. I have it configured to the useless
"pause/break" key, which then becomes extremely useful.

And I cannot enlarge gkrellm graphs as much as I want to (ie. horzontally).
Life can be so cruel sometimes <sigh>... :-D

Btw, I'll report my wishes to the brainstorm, and wait to see what happens.
;-)

Best, :-)
Marko