Interrpreting modifier codes in /etc/inputrc ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Aug 6 20:37:50 UTC 2009

Hi;

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 14:39 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Thanks Tom;
>
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:25 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:13:14 -0400

I have placed these codes in /etc/inputrc which is where I really want
them so that they are universal.  That didn't work, so tried putting
them in ~/.inputrc.  That didn't work either.

$if mode=emacs

"\M-\C-b": backward-word
"\M-\C-f": forward-word
"\M-\C-<": previous-history
"\M-\C->": next-history
"\C-x\C-r": re-read-init-file
Meta-Rubout: backward-kill-word

$endif

I have tried all versions of 'Meta-Control-' to no avail.  What could be
wrong?  Am I doing something stupid?  Is there something I have to turn
on?

The GNU manual doesn't say.  In fact, the latest version of the manual
seems pretty clear.  Yet the 're-read-init-file' and/or re-booting
changes nothing.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3