Are you being heard?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Aug 7 12:37:01 UTC 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 01:36:19 Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Since this thread is receiving lots of replies.  Here's mine.
>
> I am a loyal KDE/Gnome user.  I use both.  I don't really prefer one over
> the other except when one does not work, that is the case on one machine I
> have at home.  Gnome works, KDE does not.  Then alright Gnome you are the
> one on that machine.
>
> But I have kept quiet and I am really really really really .... (really)^n
>
> lim           (really_dissapointed)^n
> n -> \infty
>
> with the digital clock in KDE 4.X where X is a number 1.Y, 2.Z where Y and
> Z are integers in KDE releasees.
>
> I really would have appreciated the old nice trustworthy (beautiful) old
> KDE 3.5.X series clock.  The new clock is OK, but nowhere likablitiy like
> the old one.

A clock is a clock.  Mine tells me the time and date - that's all I want from
it.

> I know that is very little thing to be dissapointed about, but I thought
> that they(KDE developers) would care to put back a nice old fashioned
> digital clock that was there before, but it has not happened :(

Only one this is needed to get it done - someone with the correct skills to
actually want the same thing enough to code it.  Either that person doesn't
exist, or has up to now been busy on fixing things that are actually broken,
rather than wishes.

> Other than that, things are really looking very GOOOOOOOOOOO.....D and if
> it were not for that complain, I would be much much much happier.
>
> I know nobody cares, but anyway I mention it and hope others feel the same
> way, I know of many that said f* kde and switched to Gnome/xfce/Lxde, but
> that is something elese :)

So why are you telling us here?  Why are you not posting on Brainstorm?

Anne