auto-updates

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Aug 8 07:21:54 UTC 2009

On Saturday 08 August 2009 07:55:51 s wrote:
> Somewhere I read that 60% of the internet connections in the USA are
> considered broadband connections. That means that 40% of us are still
> walking down the information super highway.

There are other places, too, where this is the case.  However much we regret
this, the world can't stand still and wait for you.  As far as I can see your
only option is to use the update notifier which identifies the type of update,
and only install the security ones.  When a re-spin comes out you get all the
updates up to that time.  It means you have to wait for bug-fixes, but at least
you will get them eventually.

Anne