HPLIP 3.9.8...

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Aug 8 15:05:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:41:07 +0100
Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:

> And other have had nothing but trouble.
> ymmv

I noticed when investigating my problems with printing DVDs
that the newest hplip is a complete transformation from
the old ghostscript based drivers to a direct raster driver
(or something like that, I probably don't have all the jargon
down pat :-). I really wonder how many of the obscure corner
cases added over the years for various printers made it through
the transformation.

On the other hand, there is the option to build both the old
style and new style drivers, so perhaps if they were both
included people could use whichever one works best for their
case.

I am interested to see if the new drivers will let me fix the
margins so I can print the whole DVD and not have the little
1 or 2 mm sliver that is missing at the top right now. (But
not interested enough to go to the trouble to manually
install it - it will show up eventually and I'll play with
it then :-).