Looking for Shuttle recommendations

John Austin ja at jaa.org.uk
Sat Aug 8 20:42:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 01:34 +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:

Hi

I am currently running the following - not in your list !

SA76G2	x4 905e		4GB	F11 x86_64
SD39P2	x4 Q6600	4GB	F11 x86_64
SN68SG2	22 4850e	2GB	F11/Centos5.3 x86_64

Recently replaced PS on the SD39P2, the PS fan had an intermittent
problem.  Now the machine runs much cooler!

I am using nvidia cards in the SA76G2 and SD39P2

On board 1Gb/s network - not using jumbo frames as I
had problems last time I tried - 18months ago.

Hot swap eSATA OK on all three m/c

Super boxes if you like paying a bit too much !

John

PS In the past I have run at least 4 other models, both
Intel and AMD, with no/very few problems from Redhat 9 through
to F11

John