can't boot fresh install

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 9 12:12:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 01:17 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> I'm still confused about how anaconda can possibly mount a partition
> (two, including the boot partition) when fdisk thinks the partition
> table is invalid.

I suppose there's a chance that fdisk partitions a drive differently
than how Anaconda does.  If you look at more than one partitioning
program, you'll find some do document how some programs are supposedly
better at what they do (i.e. more correct), and how working on a drive
using more than one partitioning program can cause problems.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.