Where did ktnef go?

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 11 03:46:32 UTC 2009

sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com wrote:
> Raman Gupta wrote:
>> ktnef seems to be missing from the latest kdepim package.
>> [...]
>> A search for ktnef also shows nothing.
>>
>> # yum search ktnef
>> # yum search "*ktnef*"
>
> I have a suspicion that you are looking for an App, when what now
> exists is a library that is used within the relevant PIM applications.
> (I'm not a KDE user, so I have little experience)

Yes, I am looking for the ktnef application, that up till recently
existed on my machine. I already know about the library but that
doesn't help me much given that I use Thunderbird. Kmail doesn't do a
very good job decoding the tnef attachment either, though I didn't
spend a lot of time debugging the issue.

Cheers,
Raman