gzip

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 09:47:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 09:44:05PM +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>
>> What is the difference in gzipping on a i386 and a x86_64 machine ?
>> Both machine use the same version of gzip 1.3.12 but the
>> gz file have a slightly different length (5 more bytes for the 64 bit
>> machine).
>> In theory, I would not worry much, but lyx (x86_64) does not open the
>> x86_64 gzipped files !!!!
>>
>> Thank.
>
> Sounds like a bug...
> First try
>
>       -t --test
>              Test. Check the compressed file integrity.
>
> Then file a bug...  it may be that lyx (which version of lyx) is finding a shared object
> that is a problem so log the libs that both runtime link to.

The files are OK.
I do use the same version of lyx on both machines: 1.6.3.
In fact those gzipped files are not visible from lyx, but if I generate
the pdf file, every thing is OK (by using the pdf viewer). Even lyx can
browse them, but then it says file not found !

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk