FC 11 Boot mode single user [recovery password]

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Aug 11 13:45:27 UTC 2009

On 08/10/2009 06:39 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> umount /mnt/sysimage
>> >
>> > The reboot. The umount is very important.
> Just for knowledge's sake, why is the umount so important?
Actually, before the umount, you probably want to exit the chroot shell.
umount is important in that it forces all data to be written. If you did
a proper shutdown, the file system mounted on /mnt/sysimage would be
unmounted during the shutdown process, but my background goes back to
older Unix systems where things were less stable than they are today.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846