Building Emacs 23.1 from rawhide for F11

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:50:46 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I have been using the emacs build in the rawhide repositories on my F11
system. (version 23.0.93.1) Now since emacs 23.1 is out, I would like to
use that. But trying to install the rawhide build pulls in glibc as a
dependency from rawhide. Since its a crucial library I didn't go ahead
with it and decided to build from the srpm.

So far I have downloaded the srpm for the rawhide emacs build however
when I use `sudo yum-builddep --enablerepo=rawhide emacs' yum asks to
install the build dependencies from rawhide. I understand that must be
because the rawhide build for emacs was built against them. So what
would be the ideal way to go ahead with this? Should I just download the
corresponding packages from the F11 repos? Would that work or will I run
into problems?

Thanks for any pointers.

--
Suvayu