FC-11 M2N-MX acpi

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 12 04:44:25 UTC 2009

I have encountered a problem with FC-11 86_64 and my Asus M2N-MX board.
I originally
installed FC-11 fine with 2 GB of Ram, but when I went to increase it to
4 GB, ran into problems.

The M2N-MX boots in Fedora Core 11 with 2 GB of RAM. With 4 GB of RAM,
the boot fails (and scrambles the video) unless 'acpi=ht' is added to
the kernel parameters.

Has anyone else run into this? Any assistance would be appreciated.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill