No sound with Mplayer and (certain live) streaming video

jack craig jackc at linuxlighthouse.com
Wed Aug 12 17:09:16 UTC 2009

On 08/11/2009 09:38 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I posted this on the rpmfusion-users list, but there hasn't been a
> single reply in over 4 days. Thought someone here might be able to
> help...
>
> TIA

i recently had an issue with audio, but have it working now.

i use mplayer to play net audio streams.

after my upgrade F10->F11, it broke.

two problems seem common, the sound volume controls are set to zero and
the glitch free code was failing due an alsa bug.

as the first is easier, i have a fix for the second. have you tried
looking at the master sound controls to verify the audio levels are raised?

--
    jack craig
       jackc at LinuxLightHouse.com