freenx-server-0.7.3-15.fc11.x86_64 update broke freenx

Eli Morris emorris at pmc.ucsc.edu
Wed Aug 12 22:40:26 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I just had a problem yesterday, where after receiving the freenx-
server-0.7.3-15.fc11.x86_64 update via yum, it stopped working
correctly for me. When the client tries to log in, I get the following
errors now:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 4752
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 128.114.68.100 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

It worked before the update. I tried uninstalling freenx and re-
installing, but that did not work. I have tried two clients, one for
Linux and one for OS X. I'm thinking that it might have something to
do with key exchange, but other than that, I'm baffled.

thanks,

Eli