system-config-printer not authenticating properly

Hooker, Jonathan Jonathan.Hooker at garmin.com
Thu Aug 13 22:24:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get system-config-printer to authenticate as a sudo user (one that is a part of the wheel group) instead of the root user when trying to add or modify a printer in fedora 10. I have been unsuccessful in finding any help on this topic anywhere on the internet. In previous versions the authentication used was consolehelper but this does not seem to be the case in FC10. It also seems that it does not use PolicyKit either which other system-config type programs are now doing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can go about making this change?

Jonathan Hooker
Desktop Support - Engineering - Linux
Garmin International
Jonathan.Hooker at Garmin.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.