Looking for Shuttle recommendations

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Aug 14 21:19:12 UTC 2009

Gregory Hosler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into buying a Shuttle XPC to run Fedora.
>
> I am curious to know if anyone is running Fedora on a Shuttle, and if so, which model?
>
> The models readily available near me are:
>
> 	SG31G2B
> 	SG33G5 Pro
> 	SG45H7
> 	SP45H7
> 	D10
>
> Are any known to be fully Linux compatible ?
>
> Are any of the above known to have Linux compatibility issues?

Actually I don't think I've ever had a Shuttle which didn't run Linux. Rather
than my telling you which old versions I have, let me suggest that you go to
Newegg.com and read the user comments on various models, most have reports from
Linux users about their success, and you get the info on new models.

I was looking at one for firewall, using the micro-ITX with ATOM, box looked
very nice and low power, adding SSD still kept it under $400, although I just
built a more powerful system for half that (which uses much more power).

Go to the users of what you can click and buy today.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>