Testing upload/download bandwidth speeds for verification

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:55:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 20:25 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
[...]
> I would say Chris is completely correct. For the OP: don't worry, your ISP
> seems to be providing you with what you expect.

I didn't suggest that what the OP is seeing isn't normal to within a
reasonable margin of error. I was simply making a (pedantic) point. I
should have read Chris's post more carefully (what he says is strictly
speaking correct), but the distinction between the two meanings of K or
M is worth bearing in mind, i.e. 300KBps does *not* mean 300 kilobytes
(in the computing sense) every second, it means 300,000 bytes, which is
close but not the same. That's all.

poc