firefox open containing folder

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 15 06:44:32 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> It was common, and perhaps still is, to suffer that problem if you
>> right-clicked on a folder, and opened the folder with something like
>> a music player, or picture viewer program.  It became a permanent
>> setting, rather than something that only happened there and then.

Skunk Worx:
> I don't think I've ever changed it, in fact I remember noticing after
> the fresh install of F11 it was happening and assumed it would
> eventually be fixed by updates so I waited a couple months before
> asking.

Recently I managed to accidentally change mine, by using VLC.  There was
an option to open a whole folder with a button, and I used that to check
through a collection of MPEGs in a folder, and afterwards I found my
folder preferences had changed.  I was not expecting it to do that.

> I set the association to /usr/bin/nautilus and checked the "remember"
> box and things seem ok now.

Good to hear it's working properly for you, again.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.