Miro and My Audio Problems

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:13:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:10:32 -0400, Marc wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I'm running Fedora 11 x86_64 and I recently installed Miro 2.0.5-3. Now I
> > normally have video and audio issues right out of the box because I don't
> > have all the packages needed. I stumbled upon a quick fix one day while
> > running Fedora 10. I installed mythtv and it seemed to have installed all
> > the video and audio support I needed.  So; this time I did a
> "yum-depbuild
> > mythtv" which installed all the dependent packages and not the main
> package.
>
> ?? Do you mean "yum-builddep"? If so, please re-read its manual page,
> because what the tool does is not related to what you thought it would do.
>
> --

Hey Michael you are absolutely right about yum-builddep. It's not what I
thought it was. Is there such a procedure of installing dependent packages
without installing the main package? In this scenario, I guess I'm looking
for MP4 and M4V support.

--
Marc Ferguson

www.fergytech.com
www.digitalalias.net

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"