no hardware acceleration?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Aug 16 04:37:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Mauriat Miranda wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael
> Hennebry<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Whatever its origin, nv was the driver name.
>> My current problem is getting suspend to disk working again.
>>

> Either you diagnose the problem or switch the previous Nvidia driver.
>
> To diagnose, see if you see anything in the logs:
> /var/log/messages
> /var/log/pm-suspend.log

The only interesting thing is from messages:
Aug  1 09:12:37 localhost restorecond: Read error (Interrupted system call)
I don't know what it means.  google didn't help.

pm-suspend.log says all is well.

> Try the hal quirks page:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

I haven't been able to use any quirks.
pm-suspend gives me:
System does not support suspend sleep.
I haven't been able to figure out which file to edit to use a quirk that way.
It's possible that the only problem is that
the backlight on my AOC LCD doesn't turn on.
If I can't get a quirk to do it, is there a way to do it manually?
I could do a cntrl-alt-F4 and type blind if I knew what to type.
Since I can ssh into it, I expect that would  work.

> Or to disable the nvidia driver from RPMFusion (as root):
> # /usr/sbin/nvidia-173xx-config-display disable
> # /sbin/chkconfig --level 35 nvidia-173xx off
> Reboot.

I really hate going backwards.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.