HDA Intel sound card problem

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Aug 16 13:46:22 UTC 2009

Hi Darekr;

Be warned, I am usually reluctant to post technical responses on this
list because I am new at it.  However ...

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 15:31 +0200, dariusz rojewski wrote:
> 2009/8/16 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>
>

>         What does
>
>          more /proc/asound/cards
>
>         return?
>

> 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xd7000000 irq 22

I seem to have the same problem.  If you are relying on analog sound (or
the cx23885 sound driver) from a TV tuner card or through RhythmBox, it
is broken.  There are several different bugs filed relating to this
problem.

I got sound using mplayer which (as it was explained to me) directly
interprets the digital signal.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3