Using Bugzilla ??

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Aug 16 16:49:57 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 16:20 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> 3) How do I get my *original bug report* sent to me so I can keep
>>> a bug thread going from the original filing through all responses?
>>> I am sure this is just some personal configuration or check box I
>>> have missed.
>>>
>> That's the default, surely?  I always get a copy of mine and of all
>> answers in the bug report.
>
> There's a CC field somewhere near the top of the page. Just add
> yourself.

You should be on CC for any bugs you file automatically.  The reason
you don't get copies of the bug you filed or comments you make is due
to the default preferences.  Anytime I deal with a bugzilla instance,
be it redhat.com, gnome.org, etc., I change my preferences to receive
email even when the change is made by me.

Bill, you're correct that this is a configurable.  Just pull up your
preferences at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email and
uncheck the boxes at the bottom in the "but not when (overrides
above):" section.  That way you'll get email for your changes as well
as changes made by other people.

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with
substance.
    -- Sam Brown