Is there a way to copy kernel configs for latest/recent Fedora kernel builds without downloading testing kernels

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 02:49:46 UTC 2009

Dear fellow Fedora users,

Good thing to see that Fedora has released a 2.6.30.5 kernel into testing :)  I have compiled 2.6.30.X kernels on my own for my machine and have copied previous kernel's config to the new one and build from there :), I tried to cut it down(to reduce the size), but I had left out some important modules like ppp deflate and others, and I just get Fedora config and build from there.  I would like to know if the .config file is available somewhere in Fedora project pages and use it to build my own kernel and avoid using old configs?  Before I just compiled and installed kernels from kernel.org once in a while, but now I have learned a little bit more the art of patching and updating to latest and greatest.  It used to be fun also using Fedora kernels(yum install kernel kernel-devel kernel-headers), but *for some reason or another* they stayed somewhat behind (*except for rawhide* YAY!!!).   and I learned to play with patches and update the kernel source.

Thanks in Advance,

Antonio