kmod-nvidia for kernel -217 please ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:15:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 06:58 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 09:04 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> > Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > > 'yum update' is showing a new kernel is available.  However, those of us
> > > running non open source video drivers (for various reasons) cannot
> > > update because the new kmod-nvidia driver isn't built for the new
> > > kernel.
> > >
> > > Could someone build it and push it out to the repositories ?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > PS: Thanks for supplying the kmod-nvidia driver.  I used to have to
> > > build it myself.  I'm glad I don't have to.  Good job.
> > >

> > Why not install akmod-nvidia (rpmfusion-nonfree-updates)? Then you are
> > independent from the current kernel (the module will be rebuilt on the
> > first boot of a new kernel).
>
> I'll give it a try.

I didn't build when I rebooted.  The boot hung.

For some reason my wifi card doesn't connect to the network during the
boot.  It establishes a connection and works just fine during my KDE
session, but it doesn't establish a connection during the boot.

I'm still waiting for kmod-nvidia so I can use the new kernel.