Testdisk error for LVM partition recover

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Aug 18 14:23:35 UTC 2009

Please, do not post is HTML!

Arun Shrimali wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Mikkel wrote:
>
>> What happens when you try to boot? Do you get an error message? If
>> so, what is it?
>
> /Boot disk failure/
>
> If Grub is loading, you may be able to boot with the
>> previous kernel. If Grub is not loading, you can probably use the
>> install disk in the rescue mode to re-install Grub.
>
> /I tried to reinstall the grub with live CD, but it says "file not found"/
>
> /Arun/

You are much better off using a normal install disk, or the net
install CD, and using the rescue mode. You let it mount your file
systems, and then run chroot /mnt/sysimage. You run grub-install
from there.

If this does not work, report back the error messages. Do not
respond with a HTML message.

Mikkel