upgrading to Fedora 11 (x86_64) problem

Atsuko Crum acrum at pluto.hood.edu
Tue Aug 18 19:06:34 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I tried to upgrade Dell Precision T3400 to Fedora 11 from Fedora 10, but
the upgrade failed.

After anaconda booted and got all needed information (soon after I chose
what I would like to do with grub), the program skipped the whole
upgrading process and quickly displayed the last screen "Upgrading is
successful". I tried a couple more times, but the same thing happened.
System still boots Fedora 10 OK, though I needed to re-install grub
because anaconda messed it up.

I used this DVD for upgrading another machine, so the DVD image should
be burned OK. Probably the installation program has some bugs but they
affect specifically this hardware (Dell Precision T3400).

Does anyone have the same issue? Or better yet, does anyone know a
workaround for this problem?

Thank you.

Atsuko Crum