thunderbird no longer opens clicked URLs in a web browser (protocol-handler.app.http) ?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Aug 19 14:59:40 UTC 2009

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Ever since updating to thunderbird-3.0beta3 (in Fedora11), any URLs
> that I click on fail to do anything.  Previously they opened up in
> Firefox.  I've got the following set in thunderbird:
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.http;firefox
> network.protocol-handler.app.https;firefox
> network.protocol-handler.app.ftp;firefox
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?

No, I'm not having that problem.  However, I had the problem in the
past.  I don't recall the remedy but I do recall the problem was
apparent when I started TB from the command line and then clicked on a URL.

--
I never cheated an honest man, only rascals. They wanted something for
nothing. I gave them nothing for something. -- Joseph "Yellow Kid" Weil