Akmod-nvidia problem

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:53:28 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> I wasted ages TRYING to install, before then.

> I seem to recall something about extracting install.img from the ISO,
> and putting it in the same directory as the main DVD ISO.  That didn't
> work, neither did putting it into a images sub-directory.

Tim,

you are referring here to hdinstall,
which was thoroughly discussed in these 3 refs:
-----
nov 2008 * F10 HD install - anyone successfully done this?
         From: Mike Cloaked  and response by Tom Horsley

Bug 473351 - F10 HD install using the DVD iso file, initiated from grub, fails

http://www.nabble.com/F10-HD-install---anyone-successfully-done-this--tp20740373p20741211.html
---

You possibly made a  mistake on where you placed the install.img.

More likely is the need (starting in F10 and above)
for a leading / on the directory holding the iso.

I successfully did an F11 hdinstall following the refs.

my hdinstall of f11:
where the f11iso is in /root/diso of my f10 on sda1.
I need to reference that sda1 as sdb1
because w usb  anaconda reorders the disks:

title Install Fedora 11   repo=hd:/dev/sdb1:/root/diso   reorder
        root (hdx,y)
        kernel /boot/f11/vmlinuz noselinux  repo=hd:/dev/sdb1:/root/diso
        initrd /boot/f11/initrd.img
#works! used to install f11 to rootusb3

specifically  ":/root/diso"   needs that leading /

Because i was installing F11 to external usb, it had to be powered on,
and then anaconda reordered my disks to place usb first,
so  /root/diso seen from my f10 on sda1,
is seen in anaconda as sdb1 and that has to be
specified in my f11 install stanza

You don't  need to use that  "repo=" form,
then instead in the anaconda gui pick /dev/sdb1
and insert /root/diso  for the directory

HTH
Jack