capital letters in firefox

Germán Racca german.racca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:54:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 17:21 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> >> You've in advertently turned on some desktop feature for the blind?
> >
> > Well, I don't know, but I don't think so...
> >
> > Recently I've changed from Xfce4 to pekWM, and I'm using a customized
> > menu, with nothing related to features for blind.
> >
> When did this start again?
> > Moreover, I think this is not a Firefox problem now, because it also
> > happens with Midori (as I said before) and I verified the same behavior
> > in Konkeror right now.
> >
> Indeed, that's why I asked if you had altered a desktop setting.
>
> I'd have a look at the config file for your WM. The site for pekWM
> seems to have good documentation but I haven't actually tried to work
> with it so YMMV.
> Verify your config , I know there is a fontstring attribute , might
> this be your problem?
>
> http://www.pekwm.org/files/pekwm/doc/0.1.10/html/config/explanation.html
>
> I have tried ice and flux, both work well once you get the config
> right but it can be a pain to get everything just so, usually i just
> sell out here and use GNOME or KDE :^)
>
> http://www.pekwm.org/files/pekwm/doc/0.1.10/html/index.html
>
> Under Themes and Autoproperties you may find some enlightenment.
>
> I'm obviously inclined to think its the window manager, maybe some odd
> keyboard shortcut you inadvertently pressed? Its happened to me.

Hello Maxi:

Thanks for your comments. I found nothing related to font in the config
file of pekWM. I also think it can be a keyboard shortcut issue, maybe I
pressed some combined keys but...how to know? I don't understand very
well the autoproperties file, I don't have enough time to dedicate to
that file now...well, it seems I have to live with that issue by now...

Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)