SOT: Linux install on a P-II, need text games

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Aug 20 16:38:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:22:51 -0700,
  suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought he was talking about RAM. AFAIR we already had disks of the
> order of a few gigs in P-II days. The following blog post might be of
> interest to the OP if disk space is the problem.

I did too. You can't install Fedora on a machine with 32 MB of ram using
the normal process. (I don't know of any process that will do this for
current Fedora's, though the rule project did have a way to do it for some
old Fedora versions.)

The minimum for F11 is 128 MB for text mode. I don't know if you can get
by with less if you get by installation.