What driver for a Lenovo/IBM thinkpad T60 with ATI Radeon Mobility X1400?

Philip Greer emittim3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:36:30 UTC 2009

All:
In FC11, what driver should I used in xorg.conf for the Lenovo T60
thinkpad ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 graphics chip?

Currently I'm running 'Driver "Radeon"', but it is not stable at all. If
I close the laptop lid (suspend), then re-open it to awaken it, the
screen has a bunch of fuzzle horizontal lines and never returns to
proper graphics (I have to hard power off the laptop and restart it). If
I use the 'Driver "vesa"' in the xorg.conf file, putting the laptop into
suspend mode and back is very stable. But with the vesa driver, I do not
have the capability to run multiple screens.

I did try the fglrx driver, but it doesn't compile under FC11.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
Philip Greer

"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance"
-Benjamin Franklin