ClamAV

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 21 10:46:57 UTC 2009

Is there any to do on-access scanning with ClamAV *without* having Dazuko?
Someone posted a problem here earlier and it got me thinking. We *know* we
have a problem doing on-access scanning with ClamAV, and surely someone has
thought about trying to find a way around not being able to use Dazuko. Why
are we still having this problem with Dazuko??? Can someone not come up
with a better way to interface between file access calls and the antivirus
than having a kernel module that has to be recompiled each time? Not to
mention that due to an incompatibility with the way the kernel is compiled,
we can't compile Dazuko.

Just something for some folks who can program to chew on. :-) I'm sure
there are some really good programmers out there. I'm not one of them,
unfortunately, or I'd take a crack at it. :-)