Unable to install applications..

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Aug 23 00:15:12 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 14:35 -0700, stan wrote:
>
>>> can sum1 help me know what exactly I have to do to solve this
>>>
>> issue.!
>>
>> A quick comment before I give you your answer.  When I see questions
>> with no capitalization and abbreviations like you've typed above, I
>> think it's like you are saying, 'My time is valuable, yours is not.'
>> How much extra effort to type 'Can someone', making your question easy
>> to read?
>>

> Well put.
>
> poc

I think you guys are being a tad bit hard on the fellow as you've
centered on just tiny a aspect of his post.

In his first sentence he did capitalize "I", "Electronic Labs" and gave
the relevant error message info.  So, he isn't lazy.  Also, he didn't
write "I tried to install X and it didn't work.  What should I do?".

AFAICT, he committed the "horrible" act of not capitalizing "can" and
reverted to cell phone texting style and wrote "sum1".  (Proper English
would have been "some1"?).

Did he really deserve to be called out on such minor transgressions when
others have done far worse?

Now, I could see your getting upset with what seems to be his obsession
with Crickets....  :-)

--
Good night to spend with family, but avoid arguments with your mate's
new lover. Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg