Is RPMfusion on strike?

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 23 00:57:59 UTC 2009

<snip>
I think this probably means that you don't have the kernel-devel RPM for
that kernel.
</snip>

I run Fedora 11  and have problems with video every kernel update so have reverted to a kernel from 2 months ago.

Does the above mean that I should download kernel-devel every time there is a kernel update every couple of weeks or so?
I tried and got a yum update kernel-firmware 'nothing to be done' so am very reticent about installing new kernels.

I downloaded akmod-nvidia.i5a8 and .868 yesterday but in light of current discussions about failures am very reluctant to continue with updating kernels.
Its looking very laborious and may be prone to failure.
If this machine dies I have no way of getting onto the internet to correct problems. Its getting to be a bit of a bother. I don't remember ever having this amount of problem with Fedora products in the past.

My machine will not install the kernel updates - errors are:

ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.i686 is needed by kmod-nvidia-2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.i686-180.51-1.fc10.1.i686
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.27.24-170.2.68.fc10.i686 is needed by kmod-nvidia-2.6.27.24-170.2.68.fc10.i686-180.51-1.fc10.5.i686
Please report this error at http://yum.baseurl.org/report

I cannot report to yum.baseurl because it requires password and login and I have no reason to be part of that process to report an error.

Ran yum update kmod-nvidia  which reports 'nothing to be done'
Yum list kmod-nvidia reports:kmod-nvidia.i586  185.18.31-1.fc11    @rpmfusion-nonfree-updates and kmod-nvidia.i586 is in yellow --- don't know why!
Don't know if this signals danger or conflict. Getting nervous here folks.

uname -r reports:
2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.i586
and everything works so I don't know why kmod-nvidia needs such an old kernel, particularly fc10 which is not installed.
I started F11 by installing the F11 trial from a dvd, then yum installed everything then updated frequently.

I am out of my depth here.
What am I missing.
What do I need to do to handle this and future updates.
Roger.