Is RPMfusion on strike? [SOLVED -- at least for me]

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Aug 23 16:34:40 UTC 2009

Hi;

To whom it may concern:

> > If you got that from RPMfusion, it's from the
> > rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing repo.

Yes it was.

> I am not sure whether it came from the rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing
> repo or not.  In frustration, at one point I might have downloaded it
> from the testing repo.

As a warning to others and a good lesson(s) relearned:

1) in an attempt to solve another unrelated problem I enabled
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing repo.  I forgot to disable it
afterwards.

2) later when I went looking for a kmod-nvidia driver, the driver from
testing showed up.  Without reading carefully, and thinking it was the
latest stable driver, I installed it.  From there on everything went
wonky.

I.E. Pay attention to what you are doing!

> > I haven't tried that yet, but
> > the akmod-nvidia-185.18.14-1.fc11.x86_64 one is the one that worked for
> > me.
>
> > If you didn't get it from RPMfusion, you might want to remove all
> > traces of it from wherever it came from and start from scratch with
> > akmod-nvidia.
>
> Agreed.  I will remove all RPMfusion kmod related stuff and start over.

I did.  It worked.

For the record:
Removed
kmod-nvidia... 18.31