GNOME startup, -before- desktop

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:34:55 UTC 2009

It is very simple.

I am trying to mount a FAT32 partition when I log in.

I want it to be dynamically unmounted, and re-mounted, whenever a
different user logs in.  This has to be done to change the UID.  (GID
alone isn't enough to get full functionality under GNOME).

As far as I can tell, automount doesn't do the "unmount and remount
for each user" part.  If someone corrects me I will gladly appreciate
it, but for now I am very happy with my script.