Pulseaudio config problem.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Aug 24 19:50:08 UTC 2009

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> I am getting more confused now. How do I then tell PulseAudio to talk to alsa?

It is configured to do that by default. Your sound cards should be
listed in the Output Devices tab of pavucontrol. It will not be
listed as Alsa but it will show each output card Alsa knows about,
as well as any network output streams you have set up. You will see
the Alsa input cards on the Input Devices tab, as well as incoming
network streams.

Please note - you can have cards that are input only or output only.
My TV tuner shows up only as an input device.

Mikkel
PS - there are also tweaks you can do to Alsa so that devices that
output to Alsa are redirected to PA...